Stepdown 240/120V Transformer USA to UK 45VA
List Price: €12.46 (£9.99)
Our Price: €8.72 (£6.99 / £7.16 inc. Irish VAT)
You Save: €3.74 (30%)
Not available from Amazon
However, 7 are available from other sellers.
Look for "International" in their description.
See other offers »
Release date: 24th March, 2009
- Voltage converters to convert UK 230V ac mains voltage to 110V ac North American voltage. The converters have UK 3-pin plugs and 2-pin flat USA sockets.
- Power Rating: 45W. Dimensions: (WxHxD) 62 x 88 x 51mm
- Output Voltage: 110Vac
- NOTE: It is essential that you find out the correct wattage of the appliance you wish to use with the converter. Failure to do so could damage your appliamce and voltage converter.
- Hair straighteners heat up quickly by drawing an initial higher wattage (around 200 watts). This will then in turn blow both our 45 and 100 watt converters even though the straighteners display a 35 or 70 watt rating.
Leave a review...
- Marpac SleepMate 980A Electro-Mechanical Sound Conditioner
- US to UK Plug Travel Adaptor
- Stepdown 240/120v Transformer USA to UK 100VA
- Andis Pro T-Outliner Trimmer for Outling & Fading (Model: 04710) - US 110 VOLT - TRANSFORMER REQUIRED FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
- Hot Tools Mega 1 1/4 inch Professional Curling Iron with Multi Heat Control - US 110 VOLT - TRANSFORMER REQUIRED FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
You need to consider how many watts your transformer is providing (all transformers should clearly indicate this). The more wattage required by the electrical item(s), the bigger (and more expensive) the transformer will need to be. Add up all the watts that every one of the components will draw that will be turned on at the same time, then multiply by about 1.25 for good measure, and that's about the size you need. So if you have three components drawing 30 watts each, get a transformer than delivers about 115 watts. Don't try to draw more than what the transformer provides: you will be risking the health of you and your electronic components!