Rebels: Voices from the Easter Rising by: Fearghal McGarry
Our Price: €11.68 (£9.99)
Availability: Temporarily out of stock.
Order now and we'll deliver when available.
We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information.
Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item.
Release date: 29th March, 2012
- 16 Dead Men: The Easter Rising Executions
- 1916: The Easter Rising
- Bitter Freedom: Ireland In A Revolutionary World 1918–1923
- The Easter Rising
- When the Clock Struck in 1916: Close-Quarter Combat in the Easter Rising
- Easter 1916: The Irish Rebellion
- The Twelve Apostles
- Michael Collins: A Biography
- Cumann na mBan and the Irish Revolution
- The Famine Plot: England's Role in Ireland's Greatest Tragedy
In 1947 the Bureau of Military History was established by the Irish government to record the experiences of those who took part in the fight for independence. In 1959, the results of this research - including 1,773 'witness statements' - were placed in 83 steel boxes and locked into a strongroom in Government Buildings. Rebels, edited by one of Ireland's top young historians, brings the best of the surviving accounts of the Easter Rising together into a comprehensive, accessible and thrillingly readable telling of that much-debated insurrection, the first in a series of events that brought about Irish independence. From the witnesses' recollections of their schooling and other childhood influences to their accounts of what happened at Easter 1916, Rebels tells this famous story in a new and exhilarating way. This paperback book has 363 pages and measures: 19.8 x 13 x 2.5cm