The Wild Remedy: How Nature Mends Us - A Diary by: Emma Mitchell
List Price: €17.33 (£14.99)
Our Price: €10.11 (£8.74)
You Save: €7.22 (42%)
Availability: Usually dispatched within 24 hours
Publisher: Michael O'Mara
Release date: 27th December, 2018
- Making Winter: A Creative Guide for Surviving the Winter Months
- The Little Book of Wonder: Rediscover the power of creativity, curiosity and imagination
- Bird Therapy
- The Almanac: A Seasonal Guide to 2019
- Forest Therapy: Seasonal Ways to Embrace Nature for a Happier You
- The Concise British Flora in Colour
- Timeless Simplicity: Creative Living in a Consumer Society
- Conscious Creativity: Look. Connect. Create.
- The Enchanted Life: Unlocking the Magic of the Everyday
- Rewild Yourself: 23 Spellbinding Ways to Make Nature More Visible
Emma Mitchell has suffered with depression for 25 years. When she moved to the edge of the Cambridgeshire Fens in 2003 and started rambling, she realised that walking in the countryside would lift her mood just as much as medicine or therapy.
Photographing, collecting and drawing as she walked, this is a hand-illustrated diary of the paths and trails around Emma's cottage. She shares her nature finds and tracks the lives of local flora and fauna over the course of 12 months and candidly talks about how this has an impact on her mental health. She also discusses the awe-inspiring animals she's encountered on her rambles.
Written with frankness and honesty - and filled with beautiful drawings, paintings and photography - this is a truly unique journal for anyone who has ever felt drawn to nature and considered its influence over us.