Royal Canin Renal Feline Tuna Cat Food, 85 g (Pack of 12)
List Price: €24.10 (£19.99)
Our Price: €14.41 (£11.95 / £12.25 inc. Irish VAT)
You Save: €9.69 (40%)
Not available from Amazon
However, 10 are available from other sellers.
Look for "International" in their description.
See other offers »
Publisher: Royal Canin
- Food for cats
- Wet Food
- Royal Canine food
- Royal Canin Renal Feline Beef Cat Food, 85 g-12 x 85 g
- Royal Canin Food Cat Renal Chicken, Pack of 12 sachets x 85 g
- PURINA Wet Renal Diet Cat Food Salmon Wet Cat Diets 10 X 85 gr
- Hills Feline K/D 12 X 85G Pouch Chunks In Gravy With Salmon
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Feline Renal RF23 48 x 85g Chicken Sachets (Bulk Buy)
- Hill's Prescription Diet Feline k/d Tender Chunks in Gravy with Chicken 12 x 85g
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Renal Wet Feline 48 x 85 g Tuna Sachet
- Beaphar - Kidney Diet Mix Pack - 600g
- Royal Canin Cat Food Veterinary Diet Renal Special 4 Kg
- ROYAL CANIN Renal Special Cat Food, 2 kg
Kidney disease is relatively common in cats. Although young cats may have kidney problems, these are more common in older cats. The disease is usually chronic (long-term) and progressive (renal function becomes less effective as time goes on). Full recovery is usually not possible. However, the symptoms can be kept under control by your veterinarian in the long term.
Royal Canin Renal Cat
One of the key methods of treatment is the use of special diet foods. Nutrition plays a major role in the treatment of kidney disease. Your vet will usually prescribe a special diet food such as Royal Canin Renal Cat. Royal Canin Renal Cat was developed especially for cats to support renal function in chronic kidney disease cases.
If your cat is not convinced by the kibble, you can try Royal Canin Renal Special CAt or Royal Canin Renal Cat Select.
Chronic kidney disease
Prevention of urinary tract stones (urate stones, cystine stones)
Prevention of oxalate stones in cats with impaired renal function
A reduced phosphorus content helps to slow the progression of kidney disease. Omega-3 fatty acids (EPA/DHA) have anti-inflammatory properties and help to reduce the decline in the filtering function of the kidneys (slowing the deterioration of the kidneys). A specific combination of antioxidants (vitamin E, vitamin C, taurine and lutein) in Royal Canin Renal protects the body from the damaging effects of free radicals. The accumulation of waste products in the body can lead to lesions in the gastrointestinal tract. The combination of zeolite and fructooligosaccharides (FOS) in Royal Canin Renal helps to reduce the risk of additional gastrointestinal problems by forming a protective layer in the intestinal flora.