Rode VIDEOMICPRO | On Camera Microphone
List Price: €205.34 (£169)
Our Price: €160.39 (£132.00 / £135.30 inc. Irish VAT)
You Save: €44.95 (22%)
Availability: Usually dispatched within 24 hours
Publisher: Rode Microphones
Release date: 19th August, 2015
- Broadcast recording quality condenser microphone
- All new capsule with lower noise and higher sensitivity
- Rycote lyre shock mounting onboard. Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 80Hz)
- Compact form factor (150mm/6" length)
- This microphone is compatible with all microphones that have a TRRS plug and providing the voltage Plug-in-power (about 3V)
- Capsule : 1.27 cm
- Rode Deadcat VMPR Windshield Microphone
- RØDE 3m VC1 Minijack 3.5mm Stereo Extension Cable
- Microphone Hard Travel Case Protecting Bag Storage Case Box for Rode VideoMic Pro Plus On- Camera Microphone Hard Travel Case Bag
- RØDE DEADCAT VMP Furry Windshield Microphone for VideoMic Pro
- RØDE Tripod Mini Stand for VideoMic Range
- Rode Smartlav+ Lavalier Microphone for Smartphone
- RØDE SC3 iPhone Accessory - Black
- RØDELink Filmmaker Kit - Black
- Sony ILCE7M3KB.CEC Full Frame Mirrorless Compact System Camera with SEL2870 Lens Kit - Black
- Joby JB01507-BWW GorillaPod 3K Kit, Black/Charcoal
The RØDE VideoMic Pro is a true shotgun microphone designed for use with camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders as a source of primary and reference audio.
At the heart of the VideoMic Pro is an all-new 1/2" condenser capsule that provides broadcast-quality audio via a 3.5mm minijack connector (outputting the mono signal to both left and right channels) with an incredibly low self-noise of just 14db. A super-cardioid polar pattern ensures that surrounding audio is minimised, and your recording is focused on the subject in front of the camera.
The integrated Rycote Lyre based shock mounting system separates the VideoMic Pro capsule and electronics from its mount, providing isolation from external physical factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations in the microphone. Constructed from a single piece of hard-wearing thermoplastic, the Lyre provides superior acoustic suspension to traditional elastic solutions, and will never wear out, sag or snap.
Easily accessible on the rear face of the microphone are the power, filter and level controls. In addition to the microphone's native 40Hz-20kHz response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
Below these controls are the level settings, which attenuate or boost the recorded level as required. The -10dB level attenuation (or PAD) is ideal for recording loud sound sources, such as live music, motorsport, or interviews where the subject is very close to the camera. The +20dB level boost is designed for use with DSLR cameras, allowing the user to reduce the camera's preamp level (or mic-input level), effectively reducing the amount of noise generated by the camera's comparatively low quality audio circuitry.
The microphone uses a standard sized shoe mount for on camera use, and features a 3/8" thread in the base of the mount for easy boom pole mounting