Sevenhills Wholefoods Organic Raw Cacao/Cocoa Powder 1kg
Our Price: €18.63 (£14.99 / £15.36 inc. Irish VAT)
Not available from Amazon
However, 1 is available from other sellers.
Look for "International" in their description.
See other offers »
Publisher: Sevenhills Wholefoods
Media: Personal Care
- Great Taste Award Winner 2017 - 1 Star, "This product judged on its own with no indulgent additions, sugar, cream, etc., shows off the quality of the raw cacao, this alone deserves 1*. Good stuff."
- Powder from finely ground premium quality cacao beans.
- Raw, processing temperatures remain below 45°C to help retain heat sensitive nutrients
- 100% pure, UK Soil Association certified Organic, Vegan Society registered, allergen free, gluten free
- Sevenhills Wholefoods products are widely recommended by the press, with Cacao Powder recommended in the BBC Good Food Magazine
- Sevenhills Wholefoods Organic Raw Maca Powder 500g
- Sevenhills Wholefoods Organic Cacao/Cocoa Butter, Wafers, 1kg
- Sevenhills Wholefoods Organic Raw Chia Seeds 1kg
- Sevenhills Wholefoods Organic Cacao/Cocoa Butter, Wafers, 500g
- Sevenhills Wholefoods Organic Coconut Blossom/Palm Sugar 1kg
- Sevenhills Wholefoods Organic Raw Goji Berries 1kg
- Sevenhills Wholefoods Organic Fairtrade Raw Cacao Nibs 500g
- Sevenhills Wholefoods Organic Raw Cinnamon Powder (True Ceylon) 500g
- Sevenhills Wholefoods Organic Raw Acai Berry Powder 500g
- Sevenhills Wholefoods Organic Raw Hemp Protein Powder 500g
Organic Raw Cacao Powder.Cacao, or Cocoa, is an evergreen tree, which grows naturally in tropical climates around the world. Cacao has for centuries been predominant to diets in its native areas, yet in recent times, has attracted attention for its nutritionally rich profile.
Sevenhills Wholefoods source their beans from South America, and only those of a premium variety. Its seed pods are harvested by hand. They are broken apart and left until the soft flesh surrounding the bean has fermented and run off as liquid. The fermentation process affects the taste of the beans, which lose some bitter flavours. The beans are washed, cleaned, dried, then peeled and broken into small pieces (nibs). The nibs are pressed to extract the fat content, which is known as cacao butter. The resulting 'cake' is milled to a fine powder. This is the raw variety of Sevenhills' cacao powder, where processing temperatures remain below 45°C to help retain heat sensitive nutrients.
Recommended use: versatile powder which can easily be added to diets. 20g per day. Use in baking, or mix with food and smoothies.
Why buy from Sevenhills Wholefoods?Sevenhills Wholefoods source Superfoods of the highest quality and the best prices. Working closely with local farmers, ensuring local communities can flourish and in turn improving the lives of the farmers and their families. Sevenhills Wholefoods is committed in supporting a variety of charities worldwide.