T&G FSC Certified Cork Rectangular Table Mats/Surface Protectors, Set of 6, Medium, 28 x 20.5 x 0.6 cm
List Price: €13.62 (£10.99)
Our Price: €14.55 (£11.74 / £12.03 inc. Irish VAT)
Availability: Usually dispatched within 24 hours
Publisher: T&G Woodware
Media: Kitchen & Home
- Set of 6 high-quality, medium-size, rectangular table mats from T&G - ideal for protecting dining surfaces from hot plates, dishes, bowls etc
- Cork provides extreme resistance to high temperatures for prevention of burning/scalding and the thermal/impact shock that can occur when hot cookware is exposed to cold/hard surfaces
- Naturally non-slip (will remain in place/won't slide) and highly resistant to hot/cold liquids and staining (see care and use instructions within Product Description section)
- Crafted from FSC certified cork that is recyclable and fully biodegradable
- Dimensions: 28 (L) x 20.5 (W) x 0.6 (H) cm
- T&G FSC Certified Cork Square Coasters/Surface Protectors, Set of 6, 10 x 10 x 0.6 cm
- T&G FSC Certified Cork Round Coasters/Surface Protectors, Set of 6, 10 x 0.6 cm
- T&G FSC Certified Cork Square Pot Stands/Surface Protectors, Set of 2, 20 x 20 x 0.9 cm
- T&G FSC Certified Cork Rectangular Pot Stands/Surface Protectors, Set of 2, 40 x 20 x 0.9 cm
- Apollo Cork Table Runner Set2 40x20cm, Multi-Colour, 40x1x20
- Apollo Cork Coasters Set Of 6 10cm
- Square Wooden Thick Cork Drink Coasters for Kitchen Restaurant Home Bar Cafe Wedding Supplies (4 x 4 Inch, 12 Pieces)
- Wooden Thick Cork Drink Coasters, for Home Bar Kitchen Restaurant Cafe Wedding Supplies (0.2 Inch Thick x 4 Inch Diameter, 12 Packs)
- Apollo Cork Coaster Set 6 Round 10cm, Brown, 10x0.7x10
- T&G FSC Certified Cork Round Pot Stands/Surface Protectors, Set of 2, 20 x 0.9 cm
For families who prefer the look of an oblong place mat, T&G Woodware's pack of 6 Rectangular Table Mats will protect breakfast bars and dining tables from heat marks and scratches, prevent plates and dishes from slipping and always look good.
Like all oak trees, the Cork Oak lives for hundreds of years, but unlike most oaks, the Cork Oak is an evergreen that carries foliage all year round - and unlike any other variety of tree - it can be stripped of its incredibly versatile bark without suffering. Able to regenerate every 9 years, cork is harvested by skilled artisan families who've often worked the same trees for many generations, they take around 8 years to learn the technique of 'peeling' the thick layer of cork from a tree with a specialised axe, starting with the branches and finishing with the trunk. Once harvested, the cork is flattened and dried before being turned into wine corks and table mats and there's no waste - every scrap of cork can be used for something useful!
Cork can be wiped clean with a damp cloth if anything gets spilt during a meal.
About T&G Woodware
Founded in Portishead, Bristol in 1975, within a few years T&G Woodware had developed the largest range of domestic woodware available in the UK. We love their products because they're not only beautiful but also thoughtfully designed, responsibly produced and made to last. T&G were one of the first homeware suppliers to achieve the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) accreditation and their chunky boards, made from raw oak, beech and other woods, make them one of the go-to companies for heirloom chopping boards, made with care from the most environmentally sourced woods."
28cm L x 20.5cm W.