Pairs in Pears Word Game
List Price: €17.56 (£14.99)
Our Price: €12.57 (£10.73 / £11.00 inc. Irish VAT)
You Save: €4.99 (28%)
Availability: Temporarily out of stock.
Order now and we'll deliver when available.
We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information.
Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item.
Release date: 1st October, 2009
- Pairs in Pears By Bananagrams. Build words, match patterns, have fun...and learn
- Fast, fun-filled educational word game that requires no pencil, paper or board
- Perfect for travelling or at home, Pairs in Pears is the grab-and-go game for the whole family
- Packed with eight engaging, educational activities for children
- Appletters comes in a small portable apple-shaped pouch
- Appletters Word Game
- Bananagrams Word Game
- Sum Fun - The Educational Numbers Game For The Whole Family
- My First Bananagrams Word Game
- Wild Tiles Bananagrams Word Game
- Bananagrams Zip-It
- ThinkFun Math Dice Junior Game
- BANANAGRAMS®: The Insider Secrets to Help you Become Top Banana! (Collins Little Books)
- Paul Lamond Pizza Party Game
- ZIP - IT Word Game
Pairs in Pears is a word game consisting of plastic letter tiles inside a cloth bag shaped like a pear. It is from the Bananagrams (letter tiles in a banana) company. The Pairs in Pears game involves making pairs of intersecting words that consist of tiles of all the same pattern. One word is up/down and the other is left/right, and they share a vowel or consonant. Whoever makes a certain number of word pairs first, wins. Pairpoints is a variation that includes a more elaborate scoring scheme (1 point for non-pattern-matching words, 2 points for matching words, 5 points for finishing first). The large, ivory-like tiles show capital letters in four designs: solid, outline, lines and dots. The different patterns function like different suits of cards. As there are four suits, each containing a complete alphabet, there are a total of 104 tiles. Just as in a deck of cards, each tile is unique (e.g., the G of solids or the H of dots). This adds an interesting new dimension to play with (although the games in the rules only ask that a word consist of same-pattern letters). The instructions emphasize the educational value of the tile set: a fun way for children to develop memory and cognitive skills while learning alphabetical order, word construction, vowels, vocabulary, rhyming, and more. This Pairs in Pears Word Game allows you to Race To Make Pairs Of Connecting Words and is ideal For ages 3 years and over